Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Teachers Day

HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY!!! That must have been my slogan for the day. All morning (OK, actually from 8.30 to 9.10), was spent being nice to teachers, and giving presents. If you'd like to know, before that was a totally pointless walk around the neighbourhood for ACES Day. Crap chinese period, saved by chin haw when he let us off very very early-but all the other teachers didnt even bother showing up... anyways, played football, and scored a nice goal but was otherwise crap, then went for the concert.
OK, so I was disappointed that some ppl actually donated more than me, but what really made me embarrassed was the 'john loh' band's and MR's double whammy: an extremely long and pointless solo without lyrics in which the lead guitar was cancelled out thanks to the bloody MR. Stupid ppl, then they messed up again with the mikes during the next song. Overall, Zheng Hao was actuall pro if you bothered to try and seee how fast his fingers were moving, jun jie was also good, marcus was my hero as usual, while melvin and marcus low were out of point. I felt that it was like choosing the wrong song to sing it american idol, the singer (ivan) is talented at singing pop, but has to sing a rock song... if i were simon, i would say: "that was the wrong choice of song, horrendous" if i was paula: " it sounded good, you have a very unique voice", if i was randy: "whats up dawg!!!(what else does he say?" But I'm Ethan, and I would say to ivan: "Always look on the bright side of life, your still a better singer than 99.99% of the school population cos your in choir and we are juz bathroom singers, somewhere over the rainbow, there will be something to make you feel better (vodka summer!) and just let it (the performance) be...and move on".
Anyway, went back to acjs, only to find that madam tan was talking to parents, mrs chan was on course overseas, and only mrs lee tai chin remembered me... then again that means only mr chong forgot me, so at minimum, 50% remembered me, cos im 100% sure mrs chan would remember me. I think my primary one teacher remembered me cos she said hi, but i forgot her name until she had walked away!!! Im getting old. Felt what it was like to walk into a school no longer yours, and see younglings staring at you, i remember being in their position in primary school, so small and carefree...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home