Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Climax In Motion

Yesterday was Friday. Really, the bloody school changed Monday's timetable with Friday's, and the week started off with a sleep-inducing lecture by Dr Phillip Tieh. However, I was in a happy, no, jovial, mood, and decided to make jokes and laugh at him to myself rather than sleep. DR Tieh is probably a very clever man, its just that I think teaching is not the job for him. He is the equivalent of Prof. Binns in Harry Potter, full of information which nobody cares to listen to, not because the topic is horrible, but because his facial expression, sound, and basically everything which he does, is boring. Anyway, after POD had reccess, and Joseph Lau caught me sneaking drinks out... I ended up sneaking out via another door. Rest of school was boring. Dropped Ken Tay and Ivan off at Holland V for lunch and went home, only to discover that we ran out of cooking gas and had to eat Saturday's left overs, which was basically nothing but tomato on bread, and the parts of beef which nobody ate on Saturday-the lousy parts. I left the beef alone, and ate Lay's instead, along with the bread, and said I was 'carbo-loading' for the run. Yeah right. I should have followed them to KFC. Anyway, both of them walked over to my house, and Ivan turned on the party shuffle on iTunes, and kept missing Somebody To Love, poor guy. After that went to MacRitchie, where I found out how sh** GHK was this year. In the end Beng had to run for the house. During the run, walked for the first time, got stitch in the forest for the first time, but managed to improve my run on the road and finished pretty well, probably a bit better than last year. That should have meant that we would win at least a team bronze, cos that was what we got last year. But guess what? THE GEPS WALKED!!! Matthew and Song didnt give a damn, and Leon and Marcus didnt do well as they had hoped (same goes for me), but at least we tried our best. I feel let down, cheated, of another medal, but I think I can get over that. Went for emergency chinese tuition at 7.30 cos I thought oral was on Tuesday. I feel confident of passing cos I knew the topics which my tutor was talking about. Went home, did chem worksheet, and it was night night (This blog for monday was done on tuesday).
Tuesday... absolutely sick bio show-and-tell by ryan and muthu, I mean, showing 70kg testicles filled with fluid and worms is bad enough, but showing the pics of a cat being castrated (or sterilised)? Are they sick or what? IHS was interesting for once, I have always thought that Chirnside is a superb teacher, who is CREATIVE, unlike others. Chem was OK, Chinese was slack as usual, and core maths was NONSENSE!!! I mean, I asked mun sung whether I could get my stuff from the locker, went out, upon realising that I didnt have my book, came back in, and he asked why I went out when I didnt ask for permission. WHAT THE HECK??? Tried to take notes and listen, which I did, but eventually began reading chem textbook and followed Sean's example and went to sleep for the last fifteen minutes. Went home with the conviction to study hard, I think I should stop slacking and start studying now. Whoever is reading this, listen up... I, Ethan Koh, WILL start studying HARD for the exams NOW. Did work at home, went to tuition, and finished la a. Still got loads to do, stupid teachers all collaborate and give all their darn projects and homework AND tests deadlines at the end of the term. Therefore, every term's most hectic weeks is week 10, and especially weeks 8 and 9. The exams are coming, and do you notice that the years seem to be passing by faster and faster each year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home