Tuesday, October 19, 2004

A paradox of emotions thanks to the EOY's

OK, if this seems like a paradox to you, it is. This year has been one supersonic year, I cannot remember a year which has gone by so quickly. I guess it has something to do with the endless projects, essays, and other 'creative' stuff. In fact, all my time this year has been spent catching up on unfinished homework, racing to meet project deadlines, and I spent virtually zero time relfecting and revising what was being taught in class, and even in class, let's just say the environment isn't the most condusive for studying in. Therefore, my expectations were extremely low, at the start of today I figured I could fail a maximum 7 subjects. The build-up to the releasing of scripts was nerve-wracking, but when it finally came out, I was spared agony in most subjects by the wonderful cheating tool used by teachers called moderation, in ms dharma's words, "to look good to MOE". No more 7 A1s for me this year, instead, it was a rather alien situation in which I was happy to pass, and in the end my average of around 61% was about 14% lower than last year, sigh, it at last hammered home that my standards have decreased drastically this year. Anyway, compared to other people, I was average. Topped biology with 65%, but due to my honesty, was reduced to 63.3%, but was still top in the class of 9. 5 people passed chem without moderation, and I was part of that band of brothers, so I have to thank God for that. I finished joint 2nd top for LA, with Ivan and Jarvin on 20/25. C Math was a scramble, failed with 37/80 but moderation helped me pass. Same for chinese, from 46 tp 54/100 (and paper 1 was a record 42.5/70, beating paper 2 which was 40/110). Now, what really disappointed me was IHS, while I got 73% (34/50 x2 +5) for history, I got a real bad score of 25/50 for IHS, can you believe that? POD was also borderline, scraping through at 25/50, and I only studied for half an hour, so I can't complain. The last subject, the one I have been ok in the whole year, i flunked- physics was terrible, 23/60, after moderation 48%, I should be ashamed. However God did help me do ok DESPITE all the slacking, the talking, the playing, and the project work which distracted the academic year of 2004, so thanks God, for this blessing. Oh yeah, and another blessing in disguise, this year the exams weigh less heavily on the percentages, with the stupid projectwork, essays, and other 'creative' stuff also getting recognition in the tabulating of marks, so the marks in the report book can't be that bad! Next year will be different, I promise, this year was rushed, I had to adapt to a new class, with new people, next year, next year, I'll be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home